Vote Tuesday, April 2nd
Where to Vote?
Village of Oakfield, Community Center, 130 North Main Street, Oakfield
Town of LeRoy, N10725 County YY, Lomira
Town of Lomira, N10479 County Road AY, Lomira
Town of Byron, Byron Town Hall, N3097 State Road 175, Fond du Lac
Town of Fond du Lac, W5990 W. Pioneer Road, Fond du Lac
Town of Lamartine, Lamartine Municipal Building, N5269 Schaefer Drive, Oakfield
Town of Oakfield, Town Hall, N3349 Oak Center Road, Oakfield
**Polling Places Open until 8:00**
What is being proposed?
Exceed Revenue Limit for 3 years
* Our current referendum of $700,000 ENDS after the 2013-14 school year
* The Board of Education is asking to REPLACE it with a $900K Referendum for operating costs starting in 2014-15.
* The proposed referendum is effective for three years: 2014-15, 2015-16, and 2016-17
(THIS IS AN INCREASE OF $200,000)
Why are we proposing this referendum now?
This funding is needed to specifically address our projected operating budget deficit caused by structural flaws in the statewide school funding system, declining enrollment and rising annual operating costs.
The Current Referendum, that allows the district to exceed the revenue limits by $700,000, WILL EXPIRE at the end of the 2013-2014 school year.
We need to:
To protect and preserve quality educational programs and service
* We must protect small class sizes
* We must sustain student achievement and high test scores
* We must be able to attract and retain quality staff members
To address our operating deficit and restore financial stability
* We must bring operating costs and revenues into balance
* We must rebuild our budget to a level that provides ongoing district stability
* We must prepare our district for the possible impact of funding shortfalls and unforeseen expenses
Make an Informed Decision....
For more information:
Call us directly at 920-583-4117
Attend a Referendum Informational Meeting
Monday, March 4th at 6pm - PTO Meeting - Oakfield Elementary
Wednesday, March 13th at 6:30 - Lamartine Town Hall
Monday, March 18th at 6:30 - Community Chat - Oakfield Elementary
Tuesday, March 19th at 6:00 - Oakfield Village Hall